Breadwinning Women Are Driving Alimony Reform

Whenever you come across a new story, report, or study about alimony please share it with us here. Newspapers, magazines, TV news programs or YouTube, if it is news about alimony we want to hear it.

Moderator: Bill

Skitz
Site Admin

Postby Skitz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:23 am

3% of all alimony recipients are men.

MacMillan was ordered to pay her ex-husband $7,000 a month 15 years ago. Even so, she has joined the crusade to lobby state legislators to change the legal obligation to provide financial support to a spouse before or after marital separation or divorce.

Some states have already put curbs on judgments, particularly for marriages of less than 20 years, but most, like Florida, are still in progress or are constantly evolving.

“I thought I was my own island of misery that I had to go through this, but once I got involved I was very impressed. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel,” she said.

Alimony, otherwise known as spousal support or maintenance, is an ongoing payment by the higher-earning spouse to the lower-earning one. It has changed and shifted over the 40 years since the Supreme Court ruled that it had to be applied equally to both genders............

http://time.com/money/4116161/alimony-r ... l-support/
(click for full text)

When the courts order you to pay alimony, the yoke's on you!

Return to “The News Desk”